Reports to: Front End Manager
**must be available nights and weekends**
Provides excellent customer service, assists with customer special orders, stocks and displays grocery product, maintains department cleanliness, and accurately accepts payment for products using POS system.
- Cashiers, bags products for member-owners/customers
- Stocks, rotates, merchandises and faces product according to department procedure.
- Trains other staff as needed.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Knows and adheres to Standards for customer service as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Communicates openly and honestly with all others in the organization.
- Resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asks for assistance from appropriate supervisor as needed.
- Participates actively at all-staff meetings.
- Knows and promotes the cooperative principles.
- Gains and shares natural foods knowledge, continually accesses new information.
- Communicates needs and problems promptly and efficiently.
- Operates with a sense of teamwork; incorporates into daily job.
- Reports to work for scheduled shifts, on-time and appropriately dressed.
- Understands and adheres to organizational and department policy and procedures.
- Accepts and offers feedback and suggestions openly and respectfully.
- Accepts direction willingly and follows through with delegated tasks.
- Learns and adapts to new tasks or situations quickly and cooperatively.
- Maintains job-related confidentiality.
- Provides a positive model for co-workers.
Quality of Work:
- Understands technical requirements of job, applies technical knowledge consistently.
- Performs tasks accurately and efficiently, free from errors.
- Performs all tasks according to department procedure.
Quantity of Work:
- Performs tasks consistently at an acceptable rate as outlined by department supervisor.
- Organizes tasks efficiently, maintains focus and stays productive.
- Achieves established goals and expected results for the department.
- Maintains safe work environment according to all department procedures.
ESSENTIAL SKILLSAND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department training manual.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task, and maintain focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
DESIRED SKILLSAND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous customer/cashier experience.
- Experience or interest in natural foods and cooperatives.
- Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 lbs.